Ms. Ral Obioha received her Juris Doctorate degree from Howard University School of Law and her Masters of Law Summa Cum Laude from American University Washington College of Law, both in Washington, D.C. She also received a dual Bachelor’s degree in History and Psychology Magna Cum Laude from Eastern Mennonite University in Virginia. While attending Howard University as a Merit Scholarship recipient, Ms. Obioha received CALI Awards for Academic Excellence in several courses including Comparative Law, International Law of Human Rights and International Economic Law. Eager to offer her legal expertise, Ms. Obioha served as a Student Attorney in the Fair Housing Clinic, where she represented impoverished D.C. residents. She expanded her body of work in the legal field by becoming a member of the International Moot Court Team; participating in the D.M. Harish International Moot Court Competition in Mumbai, India, where her team won the Best Advocates Award. As a law student, Ms. Obioha also interned with several law firms in Washington D.C., gaining extensive experience in Immigration Law and Civil Litigation.
Prior to moving to Houston, Texas, Ms. Obioha worked at an esteemed boutique law firm in Washington, D.C. where she represented clients in Personal Injury, Immigration, Business Law, Real Estate transactions, Criminal Appeals, as well as International legal matters. Before starting her own firm, Ms. Obioha worked in one of the largest plaintiff’s Personal Injury firms in Texas representing clients in high profile auto and 18-wheeler trucking accident cases, as well as, premises liability and product liability cases.
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Maryland
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Nigerian American Lawyers Association
- Nigerian Lawyers Association
- Ms. Obioha volunteers with Houston Volunteer Lawyers, Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative, Tahirih Justice Center, BakerRipley, and Memorial Assistance Ministries. Ms. Obioha also periodically guest lectures at Columbia University, New York.
- Outside of work, Ms. Obioha enjoys spending quality time with her family, inspirational blogging, and fine dining.